What does the new CUPRA Formentor look like? What will it feel like to sit behind the wheel of the brand’s first model? Thanks to a 360º video, you can discover all its details from 6 different angles in an immersive experience, and advance orders can be placed starting on July 8th.
– From the side. The CUPRA Formentor makes its debut with a high-performance plug-in hybrid CUV. It is 4.45 metres long by 1.84 metres wide and 1.51 metres high. “The Formentor is the first model designed exclusively for CUPRA; it is the next big step in extending the CUPRA portfolio and marks a new phase in the development of the brand and is a door opener to a new customer market”, said Antonino Labate, Director of Strategy, Business Development and Operations at CUPRA.
– The front end. It is clearly defined by the angular LED headlights, to which additional round lights are added just below. Completing the picture is a robust bumper with air intakes that defines the vehicle’s sporty character.
– The rear end. The lights once again feature prominently in this area, where the coast-to-coast light that connects the tail lights stands out. Lighting is one of the highlights of the new model, and not only on the outside, as new functions have been implemented on the inside as well, such as welcome and safety lights that will alert the driver in certain circumstances. In the rear exterior design, the addition of an integrated diffuser with four exhaust pipes emphasises this sportiness.
– At ground level. 19” alloy wheels with copper details come as standard. So do the 18” Brembo brakes with matching copper finish. “It’s incredibly agile for a car of its size. A lot of work has been done on programming all the vehicle’s electronics, including the driving aids, with a result that enhances the sportiness which was always the aim in the first place”, explains Jordi Gené, CUPRA’s test development driver.
– Inside the Formentor. Once inside, you can admire all the details of a high performance model: bucket seats as standard, 12” touch screen with navigation system, petrol blue dashboard with double copper stitching and sports steering wheel with integrated buttons and CUPRA mode.
– What you can’t see… but you can feel. The only thing the cameras aren’t able to capture is the Formentor’s heart. The model is equipped with two high-performance engines, including a plug-in hybrid that delivers up to 180 kW (245 hp). Seven gears, all-wheel 4Drive… Electrification and sportiness combined in a car full of details from any angle.