The Back In Style Campaign and celebrity salon owner, Tabatha Coffey work to bring awareness to the struggles of salons impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic while empowering their owners and stylists
Innovation has been key to survival for small businesses in 2020. The coronavirus has caused sweeping changes to business practices, while bringing phrases like “contactless” or “socially distanced” into everyday vernacular.
But for hair stylists at salons there is no way to provide their service in a virtual world. From the onset of the pandemic, salons have faced multiple shutdowns due to changes in local health orders.
It’s been a long difficult road for salon owners, stylists, and customers who rely on them for haircuts, color, and the salon experience. Now we need to get our salons back on their feet. The Back In Style Campaign aims to help stylists connect, grow and thrive in a more beautiful digital future, with viral social media campaigns and activations targeted towards salon clients at a national and regional level.
Tabatha Coffey MATRIX Global Business Ambassador, salon owner, and TV personality shares the latest salon recommended safety protocols to put clients’ minds at ease, and salon services and styles for minimizing time in the salon chair while maximizing the time between appointments.
Topics that Tabatha discusses include:
- Why do you think the salon experience has been missed by customers and stylists alike?
- What are the new safety protocols that salons are enacting for their visiting customers and staff?
- Are there services that you can recommend that minimize time in the salon chair?
- What are some do-at-home techniques that can help maintain a style longer between appointments?
- Where can someone go for more information?
Station Note: This segment is brought to you by L’Oréal Professional Products